- This event has passed.
O’Reilly + Sean Kane – Docker: Beyond the Basics CI/CD (Day 2 of 2)
October 26th at 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm PDT
Once you are comfortable with Docker basics (what it is and how it works), the next step is to dive into Docker tools and services for continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD). Through a mix of lecture and hands-on exercises, Sean Kane walks you through container image management with Docker Distribution, continuous integration using Jenkins with Docker, and using Docker Swarm for building Docker clusters with simple orchestration. In just two three-hour sessions, you’ll move beyond Docker fundamentals and learn how to streamline your processes and make your development and deployment workflows smoother, repeatable, and automated.
What you’ll learn and how you can apply it
By the end of this live, online course, you’ll understand:
- What Docker Compose is for and how to use it
- What Docker Distribution is and how to use it
- What Docker Swarm is and how to use it
- How Docker can be used to streamline continuous integration
And you’ll be able to:
- Set up a private Docker registry with Docker Distribution
- Set up a Jenkins-based continuous integration pipeline in Docker
- Utilize Docker Swarm to build robust Docker cluster orchestration