- This event has passed.
O’Reilly + Sean Kane – Docker: Up and Running (Day 1 of 2)
September 28th at 6:00 am to 9:00 am PDT
Join expert Sean Kane for a hands-on, in-depth introduction to Docker. You’ll bypass the hype and get straight to what Docker is, how it works, and how you can use it to simplify almost every step along your software delivery pipeline and production operations.
What you’ll learn and how you can apply it
By the end of this live, hands-on, online course, you’ll know:
- What Docker is—and isn’t
- How Docker can revolutionize the way you develop, test, deliver, and run software
- How Docker simplifies many traditional aspects of software delivery, including dependency management, resource management, packaging, and more
- How to use Docker, from installing and building a Docker image, through launching a Docker container (and troubleshooting it)
This live event is for you because…
- You have heard all the talk about containers and Docker and would like to get a first-hand understanding of how they work
- You’re a software engineer who wants to take advantage of the efficiencies of containerization to streamline your software delivery pipeline and be more productive in your work
- You’re an operations engineer who wants to use Docker to simplify server setup and standardize the way applications are delivered and managed across your environments
- You’re a team leader who wants to see how Docker can be used by your organization and team to improve your DevOps efforts