- This event has passed.
O’Reilly + Sean Kane – Introduction to Docker Images
October 19th at 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm PDT
Containers are often advertised as solving a multitude of problems relating to delivering and maintaining highly available software in the always-on, global environment that most organizations must serve today, but how can they actually help you? What problems are you actually experiencing that can be solved with containers and its closely related technologies?
The first thing to understand in this learning journey, is how one can use Docker images to easily define, build, and package your software in a manner that makes it easy to test, deploy, scale, and update, all without worrying as much about the other software that is running on a host.
This class will teach you everything that you need to know about Docker images and how to use them to create fast and scalable containers. You will learn how to build, package, and store your software utilizing Docker images, while also being exposed to lots of good habits to help you along the way.
What you’ll learn and how you can apply it
By the end of this live, hands-on, online course, you’ll understand:
- Understanding how the Dockerfile works.
- How to build images and optimize them for both size and speed.
- How to use Docker Hub to store and retrieve public Docker images.
- How to set up your own private registry to store and retrieve private Docker images.
- How to debug a broken build.
- How to use multi-stage builds to build the smallest containers possible.
And you’ll be able to:
- Build optimized docker images
- Troubleshoot build problems
- Work with Docker image registries